Our church was founded in October 1872 with thirty-four founding members. J.M Rushin was the first pastor. Our church was first called Macedonia Baptist Church but the name was changed to Boston Baptist Church in 1876. Our first church building was located at the corner of Main Street and Jackson Street but was destroyed by a storm and rebuilt in 1873. In 1909, the church decided they wanted a church building more centrally located in Boston and in 1913, our current building was completed. In 1944, our church joined the Thomas County Baptist Association that we are a part of today.